Luzerne County is in the “yellow” – which is similar to the situation we were in prior to the “shelter in place” advisory. While many stores are open in a limited basis, the size of our shop and the very nature of our store (browsing through comics means looking through them!) means we really can’t be open any time soon.
Add to that that a member of my household is considered by her doctors that they are among the “at risk” demographic that could suffer much more than the general population and possibly die. So I’m trying not to take any unnecessary chances.
We have been offering curbside pickups, drop offs and mail order and will continue to do so. Here’s how it works:
1. Ask for an invoice for items you want or items currently being held for you (your Pull List).
2. Let us know how you want to receive your books:
– Drop off delivery: we deliver FREE to anyone withing a 25 mile radius (or thereabouts … figure as far as Nanticoke from West Pittston).
– Mail order: we send via the USPS and there will be an added fee but it is reasonable.
– Scheduled curbside pickup. Must be prepaid and we come out to you, you don’t come to us.
3. Pay the invoice. This can be done three ways:
– we will send you a link to PayPal, which you can pay with a credit card.
– You can send us a check or money order – mailed to us or dropped in the mail slot (check must clear before you get the books). Make sure we know what and who it is for.
– You can drop the cash in our mail slot (exact change if possible). Make sure we know what and who it is for.
4. Once payment is received we will mail, deliver or arrange pick up with you.
– Scheduled Pick ups would ideally be on Wednesday between 11AM and 4PM at the store. Other times can be arranged.
– All invoices paid by Thursday night will be delivered by Saturday.
– All mailed packages will be sent out no later than Saturday.
Thank you all in advance for working with us through this difficult time.